1 box red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup melted butter
1 beaten egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ounces softened cream cheese
3 tablespoons softened butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2–3 cups powdered sugar
1. Stir together egg, cake mix, vanilla, and melted butter in a medium bowl.
2. Form dough into a log shape that is about one foot long. Wrap it in wax paper.
3. Chill the dough in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Unwrap the dough. Cut off 1/4-inch slices and place them on prepared cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 10–12 minutes.
7. Allow to cool completely. After the cookies are cooled, fill a pastry bag with cream cheese icing and drizzle it over the cookies.
1. Mix 3 ounces softened cream cheese, 3 tablespoons softened butter, 1/4 cup milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until smooth.
2. Add 2–3 cups of powdered sugar, until the icing is a good drizzling consistency.